Tuesday, January 3, 2017

DB Story Cafe Hongdae

DB Story cafe



I headed to Seoul for Christmas weekend with my friend and this place was at the top of our to do list. DB Story Cafe is a DIY cell phone case cafe located in the heart of Hongdae. It was a little tricky to find it at first because of the huge crowds on Christmas Eve but we found it :) Head towards the MCM store in Hongdae and take a right when you're almost in front of the store.
Daum maps

 Right down the street to the right, you'll see a VDL store (makeup store) and above it the sign for DB Story cafe.
 Daum maps



 Turn around the corner and you'll see the small door with steps leading to the second floor.

Daum maps

Daum maps
When we entered the store, one of the workers said we would have to come back because there was no more seats and some people were already waiting. Luckily we decided to just wait around for 15 minutes and we got a table! First thing to do is grab a tray and select the phone case. Many of the offerings were silicone(bendable material) or hard case and they were all 2,500won. I had an iphone6 plus and my friend had an iphone5. She was the most worried about finding any case for her phone but luckily they have a wide range of models for all apple or androids phones. Next, decide on what design you'll make or just go crazy and choose everything you want! This is what took up the most time of our visit because there was so many cute things to choose from.






 I wanted to have some sort of theme for my case so I opted for flowers and sweets with a huge Sailor Moon keychain to hang off the phone. The deco flowers, berries, and deserts were around 100-800won and the 2 ryan rubber pieces were around 1,000 or 2,000won each. The Sailor Moon keychain I made cost around 13,000won but I was warned by the cashier that each piece was 4,000won :( After making your selections, you take the tray to the cashier and they will ring you up for everything. There's no prices listed on anything except for the phone cases at the flat price of 2,500won. This was the only negative part of the cafe because it's really easy to spend a lot on a phone case. My total was 30,200won and my friend's total was 12,500won. It is possible to make a cute case for under 15,000won like my friend did so don't worry! I knew mine would be a little too much because of my sailor moon selections but it was worth it :) When you've made your purchase head back to your table and start making your phone case! This was the fastest part of the whole experience because I already knew what I wanted to do. If you're stuck on ideas, the cafe has a bunch of cases they made that can inspire your case. When you're all done with your case, take it back to the front/cashier area and a worker will set your case to dry. If you end up making a keychain/chain to hang off your phone, you'll have to wait a whole 24 hours for it to be completely safe to hang on your case. The workers will bring your case back to you in a box with your keychain/chain attached to the box.
My friend took this picture for me while we waited for our cases to dry.
I love Ryan!


 I really love crafts and DIY so this was a great experience for me and my friend really enjoyed it too! I would recommend going on non-holidays, weekdays, or early on the weekends because this place gets packed! Definitely try this if you're around Hongdae with 1-2 hours to spare!
Case wrapped up in box

My case :)


Address and map


No comments:

Post a Comment